Friday, June 30, 2017

All of My Friends are Heathens

It seems like everyone is talking about Bento lately with good reason. If you haven't heard of Bento by now crawl out from underneath your rock and join the SL World. Bento was released back in December I believe by Linden Labs as the new Avatar Skeleton. It makes for more realistic movement and makes the avatar as a whole more realistic for mesh creators. At least that's my understanding. With that being said let me talk about what Bento products I have tried.

I broke down and bought the Vista Bento Hands not thinking about seeing if Slink had updated her stuff. They aren't super duper user friendly like the Bento hands that come with the Maitreya Lara Mesh body. Slinks are more user friendly than the Vista hands but you have to buy the hand animations seperately or instead of updating all the hands you bought you suck it up and pay out of pocket for the big "Dynamic" hands. That too me is a bit excessive seeing as you're paying at least 500 - 700 L for each pair of hands before the Bento update. I've been a slink fan for a few years now but Maitreya's hands have won me over. So have her feet but Maitreya's feet aren't Bento as far as I know. I've talked to a few other mesh body users that own more than one mesh body, especially ones who own the Maitreya mesh body and Slink's bodies and all agree that Maitreya's is the most user friendly with everything controlled from one hud. I own the Slink Hourglass body as well and will probably do a post comparing that body with the Maitreya body, I just have a couple of shapes to tweak to make both bodies look proportionate.

Moving onto Bento Heads. I demoed a lot before deciding which one I wanted. I tried Catwa's Catya head which seems to be the most popular one by Catwa but I didn't like it. I didn't like how much editing I had to do for one head, it felt like there was too much editing involved for me. So I moved onto another company, I don't remember the name of, and although I liked the lips on the head none of the skin places I frequent make appliers for it so I steered away from it. I then tried two heads from Lelutka, the Simone head and the Chloe head. Chloe was by far my favorite and didn't require much editing to my shape's face. I liked that part but also liked how youthful it seemed compared to Simone at least in my opinion. It didn't take me that long to adjust my shape's face to fit the Chloe head and make it look more realistic looking. That made me happy.

All in all Maitreya and Lelutka did not disappoint me with their Bento. My suggestion to you is demo before you buy to decide. Be picky and if you don't like it don't buy it. Whether it's Bento heads, hands, feet, ears, tails or mesh bodies only buy something you're 100% happy with.



What I'm Wearing: 
Body: 
    Body: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
    Skin: Glam Affair ( Lelutka Heads ) Misha - Asia
    Shape: Narcissistic Iriony Shape (Coming Soon)
    Eyes: [Buzz] Okina Eyes - Winter
    Ears: UNISEX [MANDALA]STEKING EARS Season 5
    Head:  LeLutka Bento Head-CHLOE
    Hair:  +Spellbound+ Bubsy // Natural Selection {WEAR}

Makeup: 
    Eyeliner: {MUA} Eyeliner - All the Ways - Pack 1

Outfit:  
    Top: Blueberry - Selena - Maitreya/Belleza/Slink - Black
 
Accessories:
    Necklace: [Cynful] Coax Necklace - Groupgift March 2017
    Tattoo:  ISUKA Mayonaka *Group gift*
    Ring: ~Misha Jesuil~ Bento Infinity ring PROMO!
 
Pose: [DB]Poses - twilight


No comments:

Post a Comment